This is the official accessibility statement for the Clan Hunter Scotland website. If you have any questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.
- As best we can determine, all pages on this site are WCAG AAA approved, complying with all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Note that this is a judgement call as many guidelines are intentionally vague and cannot be tested automatically. We have reviewed the guidelines and believe that this site is compliant.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional. This is not a judgement call; a program can determine with 100% accuracy whether a page is valid XHTML.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 and H3 tags for subtitles.
Links are clearly written to make sense out of context.
All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes for use by screen readers. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets, the content of each page is still readable.
- This site is usable on every browsing device including WebTV, PDAs, Smartphones and older computers.
- Wave, a free service to analyse web pages for compliance to accessibility guidelines. A full-featured commercial version is also available.
- HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Lynx Viewer, a free service for viewing what your web pages would look like in Lynx.
You will find us off the A78 just north of West Kilbride. Look for our driveway marked by stone pillars and "Hunterston Estate"
Hunterston KA23 9QG
Telephone: 07980 209060
*This number is not continuously manned, so please do leave us a message.
OPENING TIMES AND ACCESS
Acccess to Hunterston Castle is strictly by appointment. Note that as a historic monument, wheel chair access is limited. More visitor information is available on our visitors page . Please email us to arrange a visit.